Subscribe

Friday, August 29, 2014

Who's Who Blog Hop!


 


Hey everyone!  Happy Labor Day weekend!!


I'm Amy & I'm part of the Who's Who Blog Hop. I'm here to share my tips of how to get your kids to work together.  


Tip # 1:  Have a classroom incentive. In my kindergarten class we have a bucket where I add colorful pom poms every time my class does something great as a whole.  

I read this book at the beginning of every year and start my classroom bucket.
http://www.amazon.com/Filled-Bucket-Today-Guide-Happiness/dp/0978507517/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409370919&sr=8-1&keywords=how+to+fill+a+bucket


*Ways to get the bucket filled:  
*coming to the carpet before I count down to 0
*getting to work right away
*working hard as a class
*working hard in small groups
*getting a class compliment from other teachers OR the principal
*walking great in line

When the bucket gets filled they earn an ice cream party or whatever works for your class... maybe a popcorn/movie day?

Tip #2:  Have Table Captains.  This person is in charge of their tables.  They need to make sure it is clean and ready for the next activity.

Tip #3: Have classroom jobs.  I have 8 different jobs each week.  The kids help take care of all the moving pieces of our classroom.  They feel important in their roles and take them seriously!  This builds a sense of belonging in the classroom.
*Door Holder
*Line Leader
*Messenger 
*Lunch Helper
*Pledge Leader
*Paper Passer
*Teacher Helper
*Calendar Helper

Here's a FREEBIE to use in your whole group reading.  I use it in my kindergarten classroom as a learning tool & a way to get my kids to work together to finish the game. 

The game is called "I Have, Who Has?"

https://drive.google.com/?ddrp=1#folders/0Bwvh6pPyY8fSeWctTGNyaXFudEE

Check out my TPT store for a one day sale!

Hop on over to Tamra and Sarah's Blog for more great tips and resources!  Thanks for hopping over to my blog.  Have a great year!

 

 

8 comments:

  1. This freebie looks great, but I can't get the link to work.
    Deb
    Not very fancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem. It looks like you didn't give Google Drive the permission it needs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh... sorry about that. Going to fix it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, it should be working now. Can you let me know if you can get it? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Thanks for letting me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pom pom bucket idea - I have been wanting to try that! I have seen some where they call them "warm fuzzies" that I think is generally the same idea. I like that it promotes teamwork! Glad I came across your blog - thanks for sharing the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks for stopping by! The bucket is amazing for my class!! We also call them fuzzies. :)

      Delete